Licenses & Certifications
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) certification, 2007-present.
- National Board of Physicians and Surgeons (NBPAS) certification, Psychiatry, 2018-present.
- Drug Enforcement & Administration (DEA) license, 2001-present.
- California medical license, 2001-present.
- RYT 200, Yoga Alliance, Dec 2016-present.
- San Mateo Psychiatric Residency Training Program, 2000-2004.
- University of Missouri-Columbia, School of Medicine, 1996-2000.
- Private practice in Noe Valley, 2006 - present.
- Staff psychiatrist, SFSU Student Health Services, 2006-2008.
- Part-time psychiatrist, UC Berkeley Counseling & Psychological Services, 2005-2006.
- Staff psychiatrist, South County Mental Health Clinic, Redwood City, San Mateo County, 2004-2006.
- American Psychiatric Association (APA), Member, 2001-2014; Fellow, 2014-present.
- APA Caucus on Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Member, 2016-present.
- EMDR International Association, 2018-present.
- Northern CA Society for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (NCSPP), 2015-present.
- Northern CA Psychiatric Society (NCPS), 2001-present.
- Psychoanalytic Institute of Northern CA (PINC), Community Member, 2014-present.
- San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis (SFCP), Community Member, 2008-present.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) Basic Training, Sonoma Psychotherapy Training Institute, Sep-Dec 2017.
- 200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training, Purusha Yoga, Sep-Dec 2016.
- NCSPP Year-Long Intensive Psychoanalytic Study Group, 2015-2016.
- Yoga for Mental Health, Purusha Yoga, Jul-Sep 2015.
- Foundations of Psychoanalysis, SFCP, 2006-2007.
- Born Tacoma, Washington 1974. Grew up in rural Missouri from the age of four.
- Returned to the West Coast, this time to San Francisco, in 2000, for residency training.
- My experience from the client-side in psychotherapy and psychoanalysis have had a tremendous impact on how I practice, as has my near twenty years of regular yoga practice.
- I have family members with mental illness, have been married, divorced, am a mother, and am currently amicably co-parenting in a modern family.
- In addition to practicing yoga in my free time, I enjoy sewing, gardening and have been a runner since my early 20s.
- When it comes to Self-Care, I practice what I preach.